Sunday, February 17, 2013

Happiness is not a place

"Happiness is not a place. Therefore, you can't get there. You can only decide that you are there."

I read this a week or two ago in a newspaper horoscope column, jotted it down on a notepad, and then forgot about it until yesterday when I was doing some cleaning up on my desk. It got me thinking about my annual February blahs and how hard it is for me to feel upbeat about much of anything this time of year.

So this morning I decided to take stock of the first half of February and see if I could possibly already be in my "happy place". Using the words "happy place" reminded me of my dear friend, Alice, who was the first person I heard use the term. So, Alice, thanks for kick-starting my mid-February happy place list!

 Right now the sun is shining and I'm enjoying a cup of coffee by the window. It's Day 3 of a four day weekend and that is certainly a reason to be happy!


 Yesterday, I spent the morning building some new shelves for my crafting supplies. In the evening, mom and I went to church, then she came over for dinner and the Duke-Maryland game on TV. I'm not a huge fan, but she and my husband had a great time bonding over basketball.


While mom was here, we enjoyed some iPad face time with my two grandsons. Gotta love that!


Friday morning was sunny and slightly above freezing so I took a morning walk, a rare treat for a full-time teacher.



Last Thursday afternoon, my first graders had a Valentine party, so I had the free time to participate in a crafting webinar with Cloth, Paper, Scissors.






Not bad at all! Five happy events over just four days in February...I think just might be in a happy place after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment