Monday, January 20, 2014

Snowy memories!

December and the Christmas holiday always mean a very busy time in my life, so it's no surprise to see that I haven't even looked at this blog since mid-December!

My delightful visit to Rochester, New York, was extended by two days, thanks to a New Year's night snowstorm. No complaints here!

Even better, when I returned to Ohio, we were blasted with more snow and extreme cold, so my Christmas break from school was also extended by two days. Serendipity for sure!

There were so many wonderful moments during my week long visit, but one small evening moment gave me a reason to smile when I returned home.
 
As I was unpacking after my return home, I decided to grab my camera and go outside to take a few photos and fill the bird feeders in the backyard. When I went to put on my boots, I felt something a little bit sharp in the toe of my boot. Upon pulling it out to investigate, I discovered a slightly crumpled package of Starbucks Via coffee...Christmas blend, which I had taken with me to New York. And then I remembered....
 


 
 This cute little guy who likes to play peek-a-boo with mommy's kitchen towels, also discovered my package of Starbucks Via packets.





Not wanting to induce unnecessary tears of frustration, we had let him continue to play with the packets and the box. Somewhere along the way, little Jackson must have toddled over to my boots, inserted a coffee packet, and then quietly returned to his play. All of which speaks to this truth...we spend money buying kids and grandkids all kinds of toys, but they are often most amused by the packaging!
                                              

                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment