Saturday, December 21, 2013

Happy days...happy Christmas!

Finally! The first grade Merry Matisse videos were published. The second grade clay ornaments were fired, painted, glittered, and sent home. All the other grade level projects were put on the shelves for our return in January. At last! I am finally home for Christmas!!



The past week was a flurry of activity both at home and at school. My sister, Rosanne, and her husband, Wayne, came from Georgia to stay at Mom's for the week. Our evenings were filled with delicious dinners and plenty of laughter as we caught up on the events in our lives since our July family reunion. Mom, my sister Kathy, and I provided the meals, but the highlights were the desserts, thanks to Rosanne's week long baking and candy making efforts back home in Georgia......yum!!

Now, with two weeks of vacation ahead, it's time to prepare for one of my favorite times of the year...Christmas! Lights and carols to enjoy, presents to wrap, cookies to bake, and the joy of anticipating a visit with my two precious little grandsons.


The recent warm weather and rain have left our landscape a bit sodden and dreary, but here's a glimpse of the backyard as I left for school earlier this week...so lovely as the moon was setting just before sunrise.


I hope that wherever you are, and whatever your weather, your heart and home are filled with the warmth and blessings of this sacred season as we anticipate and celebrate the birth of our Savior so many years ago. Merry Christmas to all!




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment