Friday, January 4, 2013

New year...new focus

It's taken over a year, but I believe I have finally found a focus for blogging in 2013. While visiting with my two grandsons for the Christmas holiday, I realized how short my time with them is and how quickly they are growing and changing. When I started this blog almost two years ago, Aiden was a wee babe who just happens to live almost 500 miles from me and his Papa. Just the other day, it struck me that he is now almost three years old and little brother, Jackson, is the wee babe in my arms.
So last night I resolved to start a journey to explore and share creative ways for all of us long-distance  grandparents to stay close the the little ones we love so much. Of course, not ones to start small, Papa and I decided that the perfect family gift for Tara and Matt would be an iPad. We have web cams on both ends, but it's not easy to get a lively toddler to sit in front of a computer to chat with us, so why not make the visit mobile?
On New Year's Day, Aiden was able to "face time" with his great grandma, aunts, uncles, and cousins  in Ohio...such fun! An iPad is definitely a gift that will keep on giving all year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment